EF grants for EU media literacy programs 2013
In 2013 the call was open for all European media literacy projects that focus on the general public. The project focuses on citizens of all ages, using a household perspective is highly welcomed. The call was accessible for all media types and educational methodologies. Only projects in existence for 1 year or more could apply.
An external jury of international experts decided to support the 5 following projects, out of 60 candidates:
– KUREGHEMNET (Belgium) receives a grant of €10.000 for the project “Double Take on on Life Stories”.
– SCHOOL of JOURNALISM (Macedonia) receives a grant of €10.000 to “(De-)construct the media”.
– A BAO A QU (Spain) receives €8.000 to organize “Cinema en curs”, a “Film Literacy Project”.
– CAFÉ BABEL (France) receives a grant of €8.000 for the “EUTOPIA” project.
– SOLAR CINEMA (The Netherlands) receives €4.000 to organize “Film Literacy Workshops” in Spain.
The external jury members were: Frederik Delaplace (BE), editorial director of Mediafin; Eirini Andriopoulou (GR), European Media Literacy expert; Philippe Cayla (FR), CEO Euronews; Francine Cunningham (UK), Director of the European Newspapers Publishers Association and Matteo Zachetti (IT), Deputy Head of the DG Information Society and Media Unit “Media Programme and Media Literacy” of the European Commission.